Code of Ethics
“…Honesty, fairness, and integrity…”
As a member of the Association of Equipment Management Professionals, by signing this document I pledge myself to the following Standards of Ethical Conduct:
I understand that the Association of Equipment Management Professionals and all representatives of the Equipment Triangle, i.e., the End User, the Manufacturer, and Dealer/Supplier must adhere to certain ethical principles in the conduct of their business relationships.
These principles are intended to strengthen this critical partnership. They will not cover every situation or challenge that I may face. The following principles shall serve as guidance for me in making sound, ethical decisions in the best interest of the Equipment Triangle.
I believe in:
- Honesty, fairness, and integrity.
- Open, candid, communications.
- Mutual respect and trust for each individual and company with which I deal.
- Proactive dispute resolution.
- Promising only what can be delivered.
- Refusing to offer or accept gifts, favors, or entertainment that obligates or appears to obligate me to act in any way contrary to ethical business practices.
- Proper management of confidential and/or proprietary information as it applies to each unique business relationship.
- Refusing to engage in negative communications either privately or publicly that disparage other individuals or entities of the triangle.
- Obeying all applicable laws.
- Encouraging all businesses within my sphere of influence to adopt these principles.
I understand that it is my solemn responsibility to demonstrate the content as well as the spirit of this document within my industry and profession.
Adopted from AEMP Standards of Ethical Conduct.
This document does not supersede existing documents covering my conduct that are dictated by policies within my own organization.
View Our Latest News
Our Mailing Address
Sykesville, MD 21784